kbackup

Hi,

	I have long been meaning to investigate kbackup, but it kept
 loosing to procrastination.I am used to restore/dump and different
 levels of dump; I do not see any level 2 or higher facilities in the
 documentation (incremental dumps are, well, tedious when restoring).

	I have now started to set kbackup up, and there were a few
 false starts (like, do not turn on the verify after backup for a
 tape, the option always shows the first archive on the medium, and do
 not automatically rewind after every operation).

	I still have questions (the documentation is, charitably,
 sparse). And I think I have a bug -- when backing up my home dir, I
 do not want to backup the netscape cache> So, I included the line
.netscape/cache
 in Exclude_Files-- but the cache files still ended up on the tape ;-(

	Also, how do people handle multiple backups? I have a dozen
 different configs defined so far, and there are more to come
 (/var/lib/dpkg and /var/named come to mind). How do you set up an
 automated backup schedule? How can one script things such that one
 does not have to manually toggle the incremental flag?

	manoj
 beginning to think about amanda
--
 Do, or do not; there is no try.