Re: using RAM above 64 Mb as a swap area

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Immanuel Yap wrote:

> 	append="mem=128M"
>
> in your /etc/lilo.conf, rerun lilo, and reboot.  Note that your system
> can get seriously fscked if you don't actually have 128M.  Read lilo(8)
> and lilo.conf(5) before trying anything.  There's also some stuff in
> /usr/doc/lilo/*.  The BootPrompt-HOWTO also has a few things to say on
> this.

I never even thought to check -- glad I saw your (and someone else's)
post!  How does one know, however, whether or not the top of memory is
used for something else?  The warnings in BootPrompt-HOWTO are dire,
but it doesn't say how to figure out if you should specify less than,
say, '128M' (which I've just set on my machine, since I have "128 megs
of RAM").

Thanks!
Kendall :)