Re: [CtrlAltEnd] as [CtrlAltDel] ?

In article <[🔎] 19980920144541.AAC5595@homega>,
Horacio M.G. <homega@vlc.servicom.es> wrote:
>how can I make a key combo work?
>
># What to do when CTRL-ALT-END is pressed.
>ca:12345:ctrlaltend:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -h now
>
>which was just a guess, and obviously didn't work.  I suppose I
>should first of all configure [CtrlAltEnd] as a key combo, but how
>and where?

The other solutions given in this thread using kbrequest might work
but are overly complicated. Ctrl-Alt-Del is detected by the keyboard
driver, and sends a SIGINT to init. You can program any other key
combination into the keyboard driver that does this if you wish.

You probably want to modify the
keymap you're loading at bootup (if any). So dump the current
keyboard mapping using ``dumpkeys > kbd.map''. Then edit that file,
look for the word "boot". You'll find out how to change the boot
action and bind it to other keys.

Then load the new table with ``loadkeys -c -s kbd.map''. The
reason for dumping the whole map and then reloading the whole map
is that this way, you will have disabled CTRL-ALT-DEL and replaced
it by something else, instead of just adding a key combination.

If just adding a new key combo to reboot is fine, you can just use
the relevant portion of kbd.map and load it with loadkeys without
any arguments.

Mike.
--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.