Re: (EASY): PAP AUTHENTICATION PERIOD

BOB'S MAIL hat gesagt: // BOB'S MAIL wrote:

> My ISP uses PAP and it takes 1 minute and 30 seconds for me to be logged on
> (when doing it from Win 98).
>
> What do I do to extend the period my Debian 2.0 system waits for my ISP to
> log me on?
>
> I get an 'Authentication failed' and 'connection terminated' message after I
> execute 'pon' .

The pppd manpage describes some options to control PAP. I think the option

pap-timeout n
              Set the maximum time that pppd will  wait  for  the
              peer  to  authenticate itself with PAP to n seconds
              (0 means no limit).

could help you with your problem. Just put a line with

pap-timeout 120

at the end of /etc/ppp/peers/your_provider.

--
						     __    __
 Frank Barknecht	   ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______