Re: (EASY): PAP AUTHENTICATION PERIOD

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, BOB'S MAIL wrote:

> My ISP uses PAP and it takes 1 minute and 30 seconds for me to be logged on
> (when doing it from Win 98).
>
> What do I do to extend the period my Debian 2.0 system waits for my ISP to
> log me on?

Here is my startup script.  I have the same problem although my waiting
time is a bit slower.

pon futurenet &
sleep 40
popclient -v
poff
mailq

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they not
      be highminded nor trust in uncertain riches, but in
      the living God, who giveth us richly all things to
      enjoy; ..."          I Timothy 6:17-19