Re: MTA Frustration: Exim

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> Ok, the permissions appear wrong on /var/spool/mail. my /var/spool/mail
> directory looks like this:
>
> drwxrwsr-t   2 root     mail         1024 Sep 19 23:43 mail
>
> I am not positive that is correct, just that this is how it is installed
> on my system by debian a long time ago.
>
> Make sure that the mail group has write access in there.

Okay, my /var/spool/mail was group root. a simple chgrp has everything
working (exim is still set up only for local mail, but I have every
confidence). Thanks very much for your help. I apologise for my whingy
initial post, but I *have* been tearing my hair out over this one.

Be seeing you,

Andrew Tarr

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"