Re: WIN NT and Linux

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, D'jinnie wrote:

>There seems to be a general consensus that if you have a dual NT/Linux
>machine you have to use the NT loader. However, I have a 95/NT/Linux
>machine and haven't had any problems booting any of them from lilo. Was I
>just lucky or what?
>In case this matters, the hds on the machine are
>hda 4.3G WD -> 95 and NT split evenly
>hdb 6.0G Quantum -> Slackware Linux with a 1 gig "shared" partition
>formatted as DOS

I had no problems dual-booting linux/NT from within lilo. (or within the
NT loader)

I physically removed my linux drive while installing NT (linux was already
on /dev/hdb) just to be safe.  NT did not restore the MBR as I had
expected so I added a few lines in lilo.conf to chain into NT.  I also
added to NT's boot.ini.

I know people who use System Commander successfully to go between the two
also.

-dave

--

   |     oOOooO           /  dsb3@earthlink.net
 --|    oOobodoO        /   We're just two lost souls, swimming in a
 --|     ooOoOo       /    fish bowl, year after year.  Running over