Need help with resolution

I currently have SuSE 5.2, Red Hat 5.1, Slackware 3.4 and Debian 2.0 on
seperate partitions on a 10 gig hd.  As you can tell, I am constantly looking
for something better.  From what I heard, I thought it might be Debian, but I
can't even get the resolution set right on it.  I have it set a 1024x768 on my
other distributions, but using xf86config the same way with Debian, I get
640x480 with a virtual resolution of 800x600.  It evidently only sees 256k of
videoram when I have 2 meg.  What's different about Debian?  From what I read
on this mailing list, one of its features is easy of installation.  Maybe I'm
just expecting too much.

  Ken Archer - San Antonio, Texas       "As soon as I get all my
  email - karcher@idworld.net            penquins in a row I'll
                                         get right on it..."
           (o-