Re: sound module died in hamm upgrade

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Michael Stutz wrote:

> I just did an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0; everything works except for sound;
> I'm using the Linux Ultrasound Project's gus driver, compiled as a module. I
> didn't change or make any updates to the kernel or to the sound package,
> which has been working fine for a long time on this system.
> Patch manager interface is currently broken. Sorry

Fixed. Explanation, for the search engines: what happened is that I must've
compiled an oss sound module a while back for the gus and it was laying
around in /lib/modules -- I deleted it, and now everything's fine.

I must say, you can feel the work that was put into hamm -- the improvements
are tremendous. I also appreciate the increased number of packages available
-- I can clear out a lot of stuff from /usr/local/ now. I'll also second the
remark someone made that it feels more like a "system" than bo or earlier,
and future versions are only going to get better. I love Debian.

If only cars and houses were engineered the way Debian is...