Re: Iomega Zip

I have not followed every detail of this tread, but I think there may be
some confusion here about low level and High level formating.  Putting a
file system on a disk is the same thing as high level formating.  I have
created ext2 file systems on a zip drive.  The command (if memory
serves) was "mkfs.ext2  /dev/sda4"  mkfs has many options you may want
to read them.   I also keep a msdos system on a zip drive which I use
with dosemu.  This saves harddisk space, but lets me have access to dos
if I actually need it.  And of course these file systems are easily
trasportable and mountable on other machines.  According to the zip
howto you can put a small linux system on a zip drive therby having
linux available on any machine you attach your zipdrive to. That is the
next thing I will try

Tom