Re: HELP! Seriously messed up bo -> hamm

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

> I'd first resolve the dependency problems by removing the packages
> with dpkg
>
>   dpkg --remove wget
>
> If the prerm or postrm scripts fail, edit them to remove the problems.
> They're located in /var/lib/dpkg/info.

Thanks, it's working now -- "dpkg -r wget" did nothing, but after checking
the prerm and postrm scripts in /var/lib/dpkg/info I just nuked them
completely, since the actual package was not on the system. This worked just
fine, and then I was able to upgrade to 2.0 in minutes using the apt-get
method. Now to just solve that "patch manager" problem...