Re: Which package contains "xpm.h"?

Thomas Apel <thomas.apel@gmx.net> writes:

> The subject says it all. I try to compile "wmppp-1.3.0" which needs
> "xpm.h" and I don't know where to find it.

FYI : wmifs supersedes wmppp...

IMHO, the best solution to your pb is to download the "Packages" file
from a Debian ftp site.

Then, if you wish to install, say wmppp, a grep in this file will give
you :

=-=-=-=-=-=
Package: wmppp.app
Version: 1.1-1
Section: net
Maintainer: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
Depends: libc6, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), xpm4g (>= 3.4j-0)
Suggests: wmaker
Architecture: i386
Filename: dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/net/wmppp.app_1.1-1.deb

[cut...]

So, you know you have to have the depends installed...
and you know where to find the package on the ftp site.

(dselect is probably able to do that but i don't want to hear
something about this... euh, program ?)

Éric Jacoboni     « J'ai épuisé le tout-venant, je vais me risquer dans
                    le bizarre » (M. Audiard)