RE: REMOVE!!!

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:06:27 -0400, Braden N. McDaniel wrote:
>
> >Me too. Anyone who knows what the current tagline means probably didn't have
> >to look for the information there in the first place. It's cute and all, but
> >isn't the whole point of the information being there to help inexperienced
> >users and minimize the number of "unsubscribe me" messages sent to the list?
> >To obfuscate this message strikes me as counterproductive.
>
>     I see it a different way.  Look at this way, the person was using Eudora,
> right?  This is a Linux mailing list.  Does the tag there work with Linux?
> Hell yeah, it works pretty much as a cut and paste.  How much more simple do
> you want it to be?  The fact this person was using Eudora is irrelevant
> since, last I checked, Eudora wasn't ported to Linux.
>
> --
>          Steve C. Lamb         | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
>          ICQ: 5107343          | main connection to the switchboard of souls.

If Braden is correct that the whole point is to "help inexperienced
users", then I as a linux/unix newbie who still uses Eudora/Windows (for
several reasons, but not because of affection for Windows) qualify as a
valid voice in this discussion: the tagline meant nothing to me.

kent.west@infotech.acu.edu