Re: Building Dev. Kernels

I didn't have too many problems with the kernels in the .80's. You might
need packages from slink, like binutils and stuff. Check the kernel docs
to see what versions of supporting programs you need. I think there are
some major differences in how module loading/unloading is done now too.
You might want to make sure you understand that and make sure you are
subscribed to the kernel devel list if you are going to run devel kernels.