Re: installing debian from a running linux system

> is there any way i can avoid having to boot through disquette? i am having

Its puzzling: You can install Debian from MS DOS very easily, but
there seems to be no easy way to do this directly from an existing
Linux system. We have a Mailserver without a floppy or CD
drive. Someone mailed me, I could install the base system myself on
the empy partition, and do some more fiddling around. I prefered to
install a floppy drive from an older computer into the server. This
way I have also some redundancy in booting: If I fondle with my
harddisk too much, I can still try to save i using the rescue disk.

Still a easy way to install directly from an existing Linux partition
would be neat.

Stef