installing debian from a running linux system

hello,
got a new disk for my slackware linux system, and wanted to give debian a try
on my production system....

is there any way i can avoid having to boot through disquette? i am having
trouble with my floppy-device and since i already have a running linux system,
i want to install the new debian system on another disc there should be a way
to do this without needing to bootfrom floppy's (my system is too old to boot
from CD...)...

so how can i do this? i have downloaded debian on a partition on the new
disc... but if possible i would prefer to install from ftp site.... (T1
connection...)

ciao
bboett
acount at earthling net
http://erm6.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
Unsolicited commercial email is NOT welcome at this email address
To contact me replace acount by bboett in above addresses