Re: Using MySQL as user database

>> I am thinking about using mysql for administering my user database, as it
>> will probably be quite large (expected round 10000 users).
>>
>> 1) using normal passwd/shadow files, dumped regularly from mysql
>
>Radiator can authenticate from password files and/or MYSQL databases and
>others. It also includes utilities for converting password files into DBM and
>SQL databases.

Bollocks to that, I've been working on the same thing as a patch for
Cistron and you might as well not pay for it - keep an eye on
www.linux.gb.net which should have the patches on by the end of next week
to do this. Free, too.

Cheers,

J.

--
Joel Rowbottom BSc (Hons) -  Opinions are not necessarily those of others
Technical Director, Mailbox Internet Ltd, UK  -  Self-confessed Unix geek