Re: COBOL for linux

In article <[🔎] 19980917084908.C2907@lenny.mgh.harvard.edu>,
sjc@delphi.com wrote:

>I searched through Debian package lists....
>nothing even mentions COBOL. I personally doubt that sucha beast
>exists. Ive never actually heard of anyone who actually LIKES COBOL.

A quick Deja News search reveals:

   http://www.netsis.it/~asantini/cobcy/

>From the comp.lang.cobol FAQ I pull this:

	3.4 for Linux?
	AcuCOBOL-85  and AcuCOBOL-GT are available for
	Linux.  Also,  the iBCS2 code for Linux should
	mean that it is possible to get  some of the i486
	COBOL packages for operating systems such as SCO UNIX
	to work.

	There  were reports that earlier versions of Micro
	Focus products worked   under   SCO  UNIX  emulations
	under   Linux.   However, representatives from Micro
	Focus doubt that this would  still  be true with their
	current compiler technology.

	http://www.deskware.com/cobol/cobol.htm
	http://www.acucobol.com/

Not too difficult, really.  And I don't even know COBOL.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum