Re: Netscape Downloads

On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 12:24:08AM -0500, Default Debian Reader wrote:
> Does anyone else ever have trouble when trying to download files from
> hyperlinks in netscape?  When i click the link and the download window
> pops up and then once the file is dloaded i look in my dir and it has
> saved a file named something_different_that_what_i_dloaded??????????????.
> Has anyone seen this problem?  If so could you enlighten me?
> Thanks

I had a problem similar to what you are describing.  It was either
with Nescape 4.5b1 or the Mozilla 5.0 deb package for slink.  Either
way, it's beta/unstable software.  In general, I had difficulties with
that netscape and input fields, e.g. if I was using Deja News, my
queries would have some of what I wanted, and a bunch of random
garbage would be appended to what I entered.

I trashed both of those Netscapes eventually (4.5b1 and Mozilla 5.0),
and now I'm using Netscape 4.06 compiled for glib2 Linux, works
great (I also used/use the Debian installer/wrapper).

Good luck!
Matt