Re: are there (X)emacs20-no-mule debian packages

olet@ifi.uio.no (Ole J. Tetlie) writes:

> *-Richard Hoskins <rmh@interlaced.net>
> |
> | The 20.3 Mule is better behaved than the 20.2 Mule.  You might want to
> | consider using it.
> |
> | AFAIK, there is no Emacs 20.3 Debian package yet.
>
> Perhaps someone should make a emacs20-mbsk. Erik Naggum is doing
> a good job with his multibyte-survival-kit. It makes emacs20
> so much leaner.

Erik didn't make a MBSK for 20.3, because it shouldn't be needed.

Erik's patchs didn't really make emacs leaner, except that Mule
wasn't ever loaded.  20.3 in unibyte mode should have about the same
memory footprint.

If I understand correctly, a lot of Erik's changes made it into 20.3
along with a lot of other bug fixes.  Give 20.3 a chance.

--
party naked