Re: Strange behavior of magicfilter configurator

>> I tried installed magicfilter under debian2.0
> and could not configure it. Namely when I choose
> the option to create a configure file (printcap) it asked me for
> one printer name,...,filter and then for second, third and so on.
> I could not to stop the configuration script  and to
> create printcap. So I created manually but I think there
> should be a way to force the script to create printcap.
>
> It is a common behavior of magicfilter configuration script
> or only on my machine ?
>
> Is there a tools under debian2.0 to automatically generate
> printcap?
>

> Jan

This is what I get when I run magicfilterconf.

You will have to supply the following items for each printer to be installed
(example values in parentheses):

 - its short name, its full name and the alias (hpjlet4, HP LaserJet 4,lj)
 - the device where the printer is attached    (/dev/lp1)
 - and the input filter you want to use        (ljet4m)

Printer #1:
Full name, `done' when done             [HP Laserjet 4L      ]:
            ^^^^

Typing done when I was through has always worked.

A. Paul