Re: scilab demos crash whole scilab

On Wed, Sep 16, 1998 at 03:46:51PM +0200, Jan Krupa wrote:
> $ Scilab:  warning, error event receieved:
> X Error of failed request:  BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  54 (X_FreePixmap)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x0
>   Serial number of failed request:  1920

This is just a wild guess, but are you using an Athena variant library (e.g.
Xaw3D, Xaw95 or NeXtAw instead of plain Xaw)? Some binaries fail with a
message very similar to the one you report then. Uncomment the Athena
variant library directories in /etc/ld.so.conf, run ldconfig, and try again.
If that does the trick, look into the "xaw-wrappers" on how to specify plain
Athena for the problematic binaries.

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go