Emacs20-mule and problem using latin2 under X Window

I have installed debian2.0. I would like to use emacs20.2-mule under
X Window and polish (latin-2) signs (e.g. ogonek) typing them
using right-alt+sign but I have the following problem
(on the console without X Window I have polish signs in emacs, pine,...;
under X Window so far only I can see and type polish signs in netscape):

I choose from  menu 'mule':

Set Language Environment, European, latin-2

Then:

Select input method: latin-2-alt-postfix

and I got the following message:
Quail package "latin-2-alt-postfix" can't be activated
  because library "quail/latin-alt" is not in `load-path'.

quail.el (as well ogonek.el) is in /usr/share/emacs/lisp/international/

but I cannot find: latin-2-alt-postfix and latin-alt

Could someone please explain how to get the
latin-2-alt-postfix input method?

Jan Krupa