Re: ACK! Help me restore my console!

Don't think a "reset" will do it, as that just manipulates the terminal
behaviours... I'll give it a shot anyways in a minute though.

As for the ``shutdown -r now'', I know that I can reboot the system and
be fine, I just want to fix this without doing that, as I stated in the
last sentence of my previous message.

I have X running on the console (login to another box, ssh over to the
borken one, screen, startx, detatch) - I just can't get the text vtys
back to normal. Tried running a SVGALib program. No dice. The only
thing that works is X.

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 02:38:38PM -0400, TheKman wrote:
> Did you try typing reset. Or just typing shutdown -r now. Even if you
> can't see it a lot of the times the computers sees what you are typing.
>
> Ian Eure wrote:
> >
> > Ok. Interesting thing happened. Accidentally killed my X server remotely with
> > -9. Oops. I come back down to the console and it's all FUBARd. OK. So I try
> > a couple things ssh'ing from another box, like SVGATextMode & such. No dice.
> > I can get X running, but my text console is dead. Anyone have any suggestions
> > on how to get it back without a reboot?

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :