RE:Newbie questions

I just install Debian off of the ftp site.  I downloaded and installed off of the DOS
partition on my home machine (486/100Mhz 600MB HD).  THe whole
procedure went relatively well but there are two problems that I have.  The first
problem is that I was unable to configure the mouse to work.  I tried to install it
but I got an error saying that it was unable to load as the device was busy or
not found.  I have a Microsoft mouse with an AT style plug.  I tried all of the
options under install that said mouse in them.

The second problem is that the man command does not work.   Is this
command included with the base install or did I not do something right.  I did
not install any packages yet.

I hope to set the machine up with the KDE desktop so that I can use it as an
internet machine at home.  Thanks for any help.

John Greer
1990 750 Sport
1964 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4
Missoula, Montana- "Home of the Reasonable and Prudent"

Wealth I ask not, Hope nor Love, nor a Friend to know me.
All I ask, the Heaven above, and the Road below me.