Re: jdk1.1-dev problems..

Mrpeabody <jeff@mindframe.com> writes:

> I'm trying to install jdk1.1-dev but it says it depends on jdk1.1, but I
>
> already have jdk1.1 installed.  So it won't let me install the
> jdk1.1-dev.  I'm trying to use the newest java stuff on linux so I'm
> using slink and jdk1.16v2-1 and trying to install the corresponding
> jdk1.1-dev.
>     -jeff@mindframe.com

There are at least two bug reports about this.  It's not too big of a deal
- you can get around it by doing a "dpkg --force-depends --install
jdk1.1-dev-<blah>".

For me, the most annoying part about it is having to uninstall jdk1.1-dev
when using apt to install anything else.  I'm hoping that new jdk packages
based on the recently released 1.1.6-v4 come out soon and fix this bug.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |