Re: Boot messages from a very difficult install

Could it be a bad EPROM or wrong BIOS ?
I had these Problems with a PC based Shuttle 569
after I installed
the updated BIOS (and it was the correct one !!)
 from their webp.

It would overheat the CPU or work fine, but when
idle for a long
time would just die on me.
In the end I took out the CPU put it in a box that
I know worked,
and that box went dead.
Me, thinking my other board fried the CPU, went
and bought a new CPU.
To make a long story short,
the bad BIOS overheated the CPU and oxidizing its
legs.
Brush legs with old toothbrush (I know static
kills, but what
choice did I have ??), flush BIOS with original
BIOS
and pop the old CPU in the "bad mobo" and
everything works fine.
I could not even get Linux installed before
without io errors or
crazy CDROM behaviour.

Peter Barbera