Re: Debian Questions - Newbie-ish

>Hmm.  I think bootpart from BSD will do this, and I'm pretty sure LILO
>will.  I've used LILO to dual boot Windows and Linux, and bootpart to
>dual boot DOS and BSD.  I never have done exactly what you want to do

yes, LILO will do this.  My /etc/lilo.conf file boots both, and will
supposedly boot the most recently booted, though it doesn't seem to be
doing so at the moment.  But the problem of sharing /home and /usr/src
with bsd unable to access logical ext2fs partitions, and linux being
unable to write to ufs partitions, has pretty much stopped my
experimenting.  Here's the file to do it:

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda7
# Generated by liloconfig
compact