Debian and two more OS's

I created on 4G hard disk, using msdos fdisk 1600Mg primary partition
and installed there Win95 (Fat32). The rest of the HD was left
"untouched" by msdos fdisk.

Then during the debian2.0 installation I created primary partition
hda2 as a native linux (1400Mg) and hda3 (100MG) as a swap.
On rest part of HD I would like to install some other OS
e.g. some other distribution of Linux (rethat) or NT.

I would like also redhat to use the  hda3 partition as a swap
(which name I changed to hda4).

Now I would like to create primary partition hda3 as a native linux,
which I'll mount under already installed debian2.0 or
on which I'll install redhat.

Using fdisk (linux) I got the following partition table:

   Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1            1        1      204  1638598+   b  Unknown
/dev/hda2          205      205      382  1429785   83  Linux native
/dev/hda3          383      383      510  1028160   83  Linux native
/dev/hda4          511      511      523   104422+  82  Linux swap

Unfortunately after the command 'w'

Command (m for help): w

I got the message:

The partition table has been altered!

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Syncing disks.
Re-read table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy.
Reboot your system to ensure the partition table is updated.

WARNING: If you have created or modified any DOS 6.x
partitions, please see the fdisk manual page for additional
information.

The command:
mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda3

gives information

mke2fs 1.10, 24-Apr-97 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
/dev/hda3: Not enough space to build proposed filesystem while setting up superblock

I am sorry for such long description.
Could someone please explain to me how I can create the
partition hda3 on which I would like to install redhat (or NT)
or just mount it under debian.

For now when I boot.bat under Win95 (msdos mode) from redhat CD-ROM,
"redhat" refuses to create and initiate hda3 as root file  system,
and only suggests hda2 to mount as a root file system.

If I have to reinstall all systems could someone tell how
make a partitioning of the the HD to be able to install
the three OS's Win95, debian, redhat (or NT).

Thanks in advance

Jan Krupa