Re: I can,t seem to get out to the internet.

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, The Burris's wrote:

> I have my connect script working.
> I connect to my isp using pppd call provider
> after it gets logged in I type pppd in a seperate
> x window and get the trash.
> I can ping my providers address
> I can ping my assigned address
> I have my DNS numbers in the correct file as
> nameserver 123.45.56.89
> nameserver 234.43.23.32
>
> I cannot get my arena browser and lynx browser to goto websights.
> also, I cannot ping any other websights.

Sounds like your gateway isn't getting set for some reason:
route add default gw <gateway addr>

Best of luck,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)