Re: cdrom

E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:

> > Hi,
> >

> > In what group should a user be to be able to play an audio-cdrom ??
> > current user is in:  bin lp mail cdrom audio dip
>
> The logical group would be audio.  To play an audio CD a user needs
> write access to the CD device.  What I did was change the group owner of
> my cdrom device from `disk' to `audio':
>
> chgrp audio /dev/hdb
>
> Make sure you only change this for the cdrom device, you don't want to
> give every user in group audio permission to format any ide disks!

Hello:

What i did was add the user to the disk group... now the question is what acces has
now this user. beeng in disk group give you access to do anything with floppys,
Cdroms, HD, etc.   isnit ??   How can i know what is able to do people in a group ??
Only searching for  files and grep the ones that are marked as <group>  and figuring
out for what are these files ??

Thanks

                              /      Phillip  Neumann       /
                             /     filsin@bigfoot.com      /