Re: supramax

> have you gotten your supramax to work in linux? please let me know.. i cant
> get mine to work either... is this modem a winmodem?
>
>From what I understand (you can look back a week or so to see my question
in the mailing list archives), the SupraMax is a software modem.  It has a
Rockwell chip, but supposedly handles some of the buffering, etc... on the
hard drive instead of in hardware.  This creates a problem for linux,
since no driver exists for this type of modem.  I'm still playing with the
settings for mine, and I've still got a few tricks to try (but little time
to try them) before I start trying to disassemble the drivers that came
with the modem.  My SupraMax is a PCI 56K modem.

Let me know if you figure out what it needs.

Thanks,
Joe Porter