Re: Quake2

Hello:

Michael Beattie wrote:

> > Thanks, i modify the /etc/quake2 file and now quake2 said:
> >
> >              Added packfile ./baseq2/pak2.pak (42 files)
> >             couldn't exec default.cfg
> >             couldn't exec config.cfg
> >             Console initialized.
> >
> >             ------- sound initialization -------
> >             sound sampling rate: 11025
> >             ------------------------------------
> >             recursive shutdown
> >             Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx
>
> I am hoping here you have the quake2 CD? If not, go and buy it. you need
> pak0.pak, which is ~180 MB This contains almost all of the necessary
> quake2 data files. A symlink to the file on the CD is fine, but it slows

??

> > what is this error?? How can i fix it ???
>
> Buy Quake2. The linux version is not the full game. It is the necessary
> binaries, libraries and rendering engines. You need to OWN the game to
> play it. Unless you you can afford to download the .pak files, although I
> wouldnt know from where.

Mmmmm, thats why it dont work, i dont onw a quake2-cdrom.
This is confusing me a little: All these file that exist for linux (.deb  or/and  tgz
or tar.gz) are `just' files to make the quake2-cd for win95 work on linux too??
And what extra-file do i need ? pak0.pak ??   This
quake2-3.19a-glibc-i386-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz  file have `pak2.pak' inside .... it
dont work??

thanks...

                              /      Phillip  Neumann       /
                             /     filsin@bigfoot.com      /