Re: Compatibility Libs

Jeremiah Cornelius wrote:
> I have a question relating to the compatibility libs, and ld
> configuration.
>
> I have been VERY pleased with the libc5 compatibility in Hamm!
>
> Unfortunately, I have custody of two RedHat 5.x boxes, which cannot be
> migrated in the forseable future.

Since I converted an oldish Slackware 2.x box (installed some five
years ago or so, still libc4 before) do Debian 2.1 I have to remark
that it is possible.

> I would like to copy the directories
>
> /lib/libc5-compat
> /usr/lib/libc5-compat
>
> To the RedHat boxes, add the appropriate entries to /etc/ld.so.conf,
> and re-run ldconfig.
>
> Will this work?

Well, it should work.  But you'll probably know Murphy.  Try it
and add these directories at the end of the ld.so.conf file.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Experience is a useful thing.  Unfortunately it is only acquired
just after one could have used it.