Re: scanners

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Keith wrote:

> Yes scanners do work on Linux.

Unfortunately not all of them. I have a cheap ColorHand scanner from
Primax, ant is not supported by Linux. I have written to Primax to ask
them for specification necessary for writing a driver. A was very
surprised, that I'vo got on answer. However after I wrote them that the
driver for Linux should be the Open Source software, so there is no way to
sign any NDA, they didn't answer any more...

				Wojtek Zabolotny
				wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl