Re: HOW: server for fetchmail

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, BOB'S MAIL wrote:

> >From the Debian~#  prompt I execute fetchmail and get the fiollowing response:
>
>     fetchmail: no mail servers have been specified.
>
> >From dselect I ran appconfig (I think it was) and I answered the queries and see my responses in files I have observed with mc while trying to get the above working.  So from root:
>
> 1.  How do I get a server for fetchmail?

You need to create a .fetchmailrc file in your home directory. It should
contain something similar to the following:

-----
defaults
batchlimit 5

poll [mailserver] proto POP3
	user [user_on_mailserver] with password [pass] is [localuser] here
	fetchall smtphost localhost
-----

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

            WinErr: 00F User error - Not our fault. Is Not! Is Not!