Afbackup on a single computer

I am trying to use afbackup on my pc which is not part of a network
using the following command (resulting in an error):

$ afclient -h localhost -X full_backup /dev/qft0

Error: cannot get the port number of the backup service.

How do I fix that?  How do I set up afbackup on a single computer?
According to the Package file's description it is easy.  I do not find
it in the documentation.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |