More Samba headaches

Here's a tricky one for ya.  I'm using debian 2.0 / samba to connect
several jet direct box printers via ip addresses so that hundreds of
laptops on our campus can print via ip using MS networking.  Works
great.

1 problem now:  All of a sudden, nobody can print with the existing
windows printer setup.  If I recreate the same printer, same samba
network que, etc., I can print again.  In looking at the properties of
the new printer and the old printer, they are identical, but the old one
comes up with a windows error "cannot connect to this network printer.
Check to make sure  . . . blah blah blah."  This error occurs on all the
laptops:  even ones that have just been burned with a fresh hard drive
image containing the appropriate printer setups.

The only other thing I can think of that would relate is that last week
the debian servers each had an ip conflict.  That has been resolved now,
and the boxes have all been restarted.

Any thoughts?  Is this something anyone else has experienced, or is this
just another part of the ever growing list of problems associated with
the Bill Gates Virus?

Brian Morgan
bmorgan@debian.greenville.edu