RE: Serial Console

Tim,

It's been a while since I did this (and on the pre-2.0 kernel) but one
thing you did not mention...

IF ;-) I remember correctly, Linux has some devices specifically set for
console and perhaps system tty (like /dev/console /dev/syscon
/dev/systty
from my Solaris UNIX system).  When I tried the serial console setup, I
renamed these files (so I could recover if needed) and then set up links
with the original names to the serial device being used as the console.

IHTH and Good Luck,

---
Bob McGowan
i'm:  bob dot mcgowan at artecon dot com