Re: Server name, how-to change forward

I'm not sure what all the relevant files are, but I expect you could locate
all of them using the "rgrep" (recursive grep) package.  Something like:

     cd /etc
     rgrep old_host_name *

At 09:20 AM 9/11/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I need to change the name of my machine.
>
>I changed `/etc/hostname' and during startup it waits for several
>minutes after having displayed:
>starting printer spooler: lpd
>(finally it reboots, but it suggests something is wrong...)
>
>BTW:
>During hamm installation I was asked several times about the future
>name of my server (being given as default the one stored in
>/etc/hostname), so it seems I should change it in many places.
>
>How should I do it correctly?

-----
Gregory T. Norris - gnorris@mail.state.mo.us
Missouri Department of Revenue

My employers like me, but not enough to let me speak for them.