Re: How to pretend that i have some pckg installed ?

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 12:56:09PM -0500, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Robert Ramiega wrote:
>
>  :   Hi!
>  :
>  :  I've been trying to find info on this on www.debian.org but i failed.
>  :  I have installed qmail-1.03 from "upstream" sources. Now i would like to
>  : install ezmlm package but it depends on qmail and refuses to configure.
>  :  I *know* that there is a package that allows me to make dpkg and friends
>  : think thath i have installed something from deb. I just don't know the name
>  : of that package and where to find it. Can anyone help me ?
>
> equivs
 Yes! Thats the name! Thanks to all who responded

> You might also be interested in the qmail-src package (but maybe not if
> you've already got qmail installed)
 I know but this is qmail 1.02 and current one is 1.03. And i have applied
several patches to "upstream" sources.

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 IT Manager @ PDi | http://plukwa.pdi.net/        | the power of Source