Re: cdrom ??

spOOL writes:
> I was reading your response to the question about the hdc: no response
> (status = 0xd0) at boot.
>
> I have this same problem. I think it may have occurred after I installed
> the wrong PIIX4 drivers for my motherboard. Now win95, doesn't like my

Should be straight forward to replace the drivers under win95

> cdrom and Linux won't use it at all. BTW, I do have another cdrom mounted
> at /dev/hdd
>
> Should my changes be to the bios or debian ...the back of the drive ???

If I understand your question correctly, you should re-arrange your cdrom/hard
drive assignment. You might have to change the BIOS settings as well
(depending upon whether you use the "auto-detect" feature or specify what
drive is in which slot). I found through hard-won experience that some brands
of IDE CDrom drives do not like being the master drive. When they are
re-programmed as the slave drive, they work fine. /dev/hdc is the master
position of the secondary IDE bus. As far as the /dev/hdd goes, it should work
fine. You should not have to do anything with it.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK