Printer Problem

I studied all the documentation I could find on setting up printers under
Debian, GNU/Linux and Unix and can't get a clue about the nature of my
printer problem and its remedy.  I am new to Linux, so its probably simple.

When I do a "cat foo | lpr" I get

	"Driver configured but no interface found"

That appears on the console every couple minutes until I do an "lprm all"
command.

Does anybody know how to fix this?  Also, where should I have gone to find
the right documentation so that I might have fixed it myself?  Thank you
for your assistance.
--
Copyright (c) 1998 Lyno Sullivan; this digital object is free and
may be copied, modified and distributed under the GNU General