pc keyboard oddity in xterm

I use debian 2.0 on a pc.
I have got a lot of keyboard issues set up the way I want,
such as backspace and delete both working, and working in
different ways like they are supposed to.

I use the "home" and "end" keys now and then when editing.
This is supported by several editors, and by command
line editing in bash.  But there is an oddity when using
xterm: "home" and "end" is swapped when editing command
lines.  I.e. "home" goes to the end of the line and
"end" sends the cursor to the beginning of the line.

I know I can remap the keyboard with xmodmap, but that
would be no good.  "home" and "end" works correctly in
other X apps, such as editors.

I could probably change this for bash, but that isn't the
way either, because the keys work correctly using the console. xterm is
the only place this goes wrong.

Does anybody know how to fix "home" and "end" for xterms only?

Helge Hafting
helge.hafting@daldata.no