Re: 2.1 kernel

On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 07:29:43PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:
>

> > > Wait. 2.1 is supposed to be released RSN as 3.0. I think the latest devel
> > > kernel
> >
> > um AFAIK it will be 2.2.0 NOT 3.0.0
> >

> I thought I saw Linus make a comment to someone that "That feature is
> going to have to wait for 3.1, this kernel is frozen with regard to new
> features" or something along those lines. If the next devel kernel is 3.1
> then I assumed that the release preceeding it would be 3.0

hmm maybe your right...
I remember hearing that 2.2 will be next,....hmmm
maybe it will be 3.0 .... woo hoo :)
(not that it means much)

Though it is understandable...ALLOT has changed

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"