Re: 2.1 kernel

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> > Wait. 2.1 is supposed to be released RSN as 3.0. I think the latest devel
> > kernel
>
> um AFAIK it will be 2.2.0 NOT 3.0.0

I thought I saw Linus make a comment to someone that "That feature is
going to have to wait for 3.1, this kernel is frozen with regard to new
features" or something along those lines. If the next devel kernel is 3.1
then I assumed that the release preceeding it would be 3.0

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!