Re: How to setup NE-2000 PCI Ethernet Card

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Alex Kwan wrote:

> My LAN card was NE-2000 PCI (Realtek RTL-8029)
> How to set up the Command Line Argument on
> ne2k_pci module? Does anybody has this card too,
> would you please share your experience with me?

The ne2k-pci driver should autodetect the necessary settings, unlike the
old (isa) ne driver.

If you're using kerneld (if /etc/modules has a line "auto") then you also
have to make sure that there is a line "alias eth0 ne2k-pci" in your
/etc/conf.modules, so that kerneld knows what module to load for the eth0
driver.

Cheers,

Joost