Re: Help with netscape (works fine for everyone except 1 user)

On 8 Sep 1998, Tor Slettnes wrote:

>     Daniel> Is there a way I can trace why his netscape call is
>     Daniel> different. He is not setting any environment variables
>     Daniel> that are different from others?
>
> Are everyone running off the same machine, or do they have one each?
> If different, check for differences in the location of the Netscape
> program, differences in the startup script /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape,
> differences in the $PATH, $CLASSPATH, or $LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables,
> etc.
I had checked this earlier.

> But first, why don't you try:
>     mv ~user/.netscape ~user/netscape.old

Thanks, this worked. I still do not know what caused the problem in the
old netscape set-up but at least it is working now.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469