Re: HELP newbie find specific shared libraries

Albert Hurd wrote:

> jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 1998 at 10:16:00AM -0700, Albert Hurd wrote:
> > > Could anyone tell me where to find the following shared libraries (not
> > > just site location, but specific tar files). I need them to hopefully
> > > get Communicator 4.06-4.5 working (they are suggested in release notes)
> >
> > Any particular reason why you're not simply using the "netscape4" installer
> > package from contrib/web? It has all the proper dependencies:
> > Depends: motifnls, ldso (>= 1.9.7-0), libc5 (>= 5.4.0-0), libc6, libg++27
> > (>= 2.7.2.1-1), xlib6 (>= 3.3-0), xpm4.7 (>= 3.4j-0)
> >
> > >               libXm.so.1.2.4
> >
> > That's Motif; it's commercial software. If you don't have Motif, get the
> > statically linked version of netscape.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Ray
> > --
> > UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
> > to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,
> > UNDERHAND and JUST LUCKY I GUESS.
> > - The Hipcrime Vocab by Chad C. Mulligan
> >
> > --
>
> The last time I used the installer, it deleted Netscape 3.04, my only
> reliable NS, and then aborted on the install of comm. 4.06, forcing me
> to download 3.04 using lynx. Perhaps I should get over my fit of pique
> and try again, but I was not happy.
>
> Albert Hurd

	My system is hamm+slink. I'm using the glibc(libc6) version of NS 4.06
without any installer since none of them work for NS versions linked
against libc6.  If you are keeping up with slink, you won't have any
problems with libs being to old.
	If you want to use the glibc(libc6) version of NS 4.06, just install it
manually (defaults to '/usr/local/netscape/'), set
'MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/local/netscape' in the environment, and if you
prefer, a symlink to the binary from /usr/local/bin for example.

--
Ed C.