Re: running root X programs

Another idea, the simplest one I could think of: in your startx script, add
the line ``cat ~root/.Xauthority >> ~/.Xauthority'' just after
``serverargs="$serverargs -auth $HOME/.Xauthority"''.  First startx as root to
create the ~root/.Xauthority file and chgrp it so that only users in a group
who locally access the machine can read it.  Only problem is the file is
re-created whenever root uses startx, but I'd start X as the normal user anyway.

Chandran

Michael Beattie wrote on Sat, Sep 05, 1998 at 11:33:43PM +1200..